Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Stoned Love

I mentioned a while back that I was considering making my own dress for the Stone Roses gig at Heaton Park this weekend, well I only went and did it =)

I bought fabric paints from The Range in Dark Blue, Turquoise, Yellow and Black. The dress was a ten pound one I bought from H&M about a year ago. (Note: You have to have washed the dress first before you begin customising.) Wearing some scruffy clothes, I laid out bin bags on our back garden lawn, weighted down at the corners, and put my dress in the middle. Then I just got splattering. I started with the turquoise, covering most of the dress, then used the dark blue. Lastly, I added some yellow accents and a little black to set the yellow off.

I should probably have left each colour to dry in between each layer but I didn't have time. It needed overnight and a blast from the hairdryer as some parts were quite thick. Once it had finally dried I laid a pillow case over it and ironed it all over on the hottest setting. Et voila!

I got loads of compliments on it at the gig, and a few people thought I'd bought it! I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I'm glad that I've got something to keep as a momento to such an amazing weekend. Aaaand I saw the Shane Meadows documentary being filmed, so I told them I'd made my dress and they filmed me doin what I thought at the time was a 'groovy' dance. CRINGE!
The gig was all my dreams come true and I can't wait for them to hopefully announce a full UK tour so we can do it all over again!
Psst, I also met Dominic Monaghan at the gig! I've only just started watching Lost from the beginning very recently and Charlie is my favourite character (so far...) so I was well chuffed! He was really lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers