Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

Nature is a language, Can't you read?

Today I found some alphabet stamps I bought a while ago when I was teaching Reception. I couldn't use them because they used that silly 'a' that children of that age don't recognise/use, so my kids never got to experience the stampy fun I had when creating this dress design! I wonder how else I could put these stamps to use.

This is a simple white skater dress with lilac, forest green and black lettering. I had quite a selection of inks and struggled to come up with a colour scheme but I think this works well. I only realised when making it that the 'skater' part comes from ice skating dresses and their little flirty skirts. I think that's always gone over my head cos I always relate that word to Avril Lavigne and tweeny moshers. I think I like them even more now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers