Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

Yeah she looks like a painting, Jackson Pollock's number five

I've been a massive Stone Roses fan since first hearing them on a compilation CD 12 years ago. After years of resigning myself to watching their tribute bands they announced their reunion and subsequent gigs in October 2011 and I couldn't believe it. I was really worried and sceptical at first but I was of course first in line for tickets. It's now little more than a month away and I'm excited/nervous in equal amounts.

I've also got to thinking about what to wear for the gig. I've got an old faithful Ian Brown top I may throw on, or I may do something altogether more exciting and try to make my own dress inspired by the band. Their artwork, with it's Jackon Pollock influences, is very recognisable, and I think it would look great on a dress. With this in mind I had a little practice using some old NME's.

I love how the skirt has turned out, but I ummed and ahhed over the top part for a bit. I'm still not sure whether I should have used block colour such as black or dark green instead of cutting up Reni's sleeve from a poster. It's given me some ideas though, so who knows what I'll turn up wearing eh?

Edit: I did end up making a dress, click here to have a look =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers